Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Month 6 is an Eggplant

The past week has been hard on the whole family.  All 5 of us got the stomach flu and really took its toll on us.  I had my 25 week check up today with my midwife and discovered that I have kidney stones, I'm dehydrated, and I have low blood pressure.  Its nothing to be concerned with but she recommended that I drink and eat more to compensate.  She told me that now is the time to build up my calorie reserves because the baby is building her blood supply which takes away from mine so to listen to my body and eat more often.  This I can do!  I just have to drink a gallon of water a day and eat every 2.5 hours.  No problem, right:)  


Seer got to lay on me while they examined my belly and the heartbeat.  The heartbeat monitor still makes her cry but the soothing voices of Colleen and her assistant helped calm her down and she managed to say bye bye to them with a smile when they left.  


Tonight we will get to have a family birthday dinner and get to go away for a night with Josh with no kids over the weekend.  I am very much looking forward to this!


Yesterday we signed the lease to our new shop, our cnc water jet machine was delivered, and set-up of the shop has begun.  Its very excited to finally have this part of the business pinned down.  Although it also means Josh will be gone all day like with a "normal" job.  No more breakfasts and lunches together or midday talks which I will miss.  We've been together every day all day since 2004 so this will be an adjustment for me to not be around him all day.


Seer and I will have to come up with some creative ways to spend our days now.

No comments:

Family Slideshow