Thursday, May 28, 2009

Some Motherly Thoughts...

I think there is a moment in every mother's life where she believes, "I can do this." I've enjoyed every minute of Seer's existance with us, but there of course have been some challenges. I don't remember being this tired with the other two. Although I was 22 and 23 then. I also had trouble nursing for the first few weeks which was painful and disheartning. Now that we have somewhat of a schedule going, she's nursing correctly, and I've been trying to take naps, things are getting into a groove.

We went to the zoo on Memorial Day with her and I'm amazed by how easy of a baby she is. I got a front pack for her and that kept her content the entire time. Then two days ago I put the pack on with her in it, was able to nurse her, and I was picking up toys with my feet so I didn't disturb her. Is this multi-tasking or what?

She smiled at me for the first time yesterday. I can't believe how something so small can feel so amazing as a baby's smile. Especially your own baby.

Kaiden and Daddy riding the quad. Don't try this at home. I trust Josh to keep the kids safe. Kaiden on the other hand was not so sure this time around:)

Kaiden and McKenna at the river. They remind me of Indiana Jones. They love to find bugs and make things out of nothing. Today Kaiden made a holster for his "valiant" sword I made him for a FHE lesson. So cute!


No comments:

Family Slideshow